AMEX: Complimentary flight redemption


I made a new discovery with one of the many perks of holding an American Express Platinum Edge card, therefore if you don't have one APPLY NOW! Today I decided to claim my free complimentary domestic flight because I am flying out to Adelaide next week and would like to bring my partner with me.

Below is a visual of flights that are eligible from Perth. Perth to Brisbane or Sydney would probably be the best value for money to claim. I was looking for flights between Perth and Adelaide yesterday and each flight to and from would set me back $250+-


With claiming free flight tickets, I have always known that the airfare might be free but you would still need to pay for fuel surcharge and airport tax; and also at the back of my head I had the idea that the complimentary flights were just one-way instead of return. Today I found out that the complimentary flights were return and there is no out of pocket charges or tax to be paid. It is all inclusive YAY! I will need to pay extra for the usual flight changes made after the booking or additional checked bagged if required.

Another awesome feature is that I don't have to be the person taking the flight. I can book the flight itinerary for any family member or friends or even strangers should I choose to put my complimentary ticket up for sale instead.

Even if I had to pay $195 for the annual fee and I score a return ticket to Brisbane or Sydney from Perth annually that is definitely worth the price on top of all the points the I rake up with this card.

Claiming details:
To claim your complimentary flight, all you need to do is call our Platinum Priority Service Team at 1800-059-388 or reverse charge at +612-9271-4011 (Monday to Friday between 07:00 am to 06:00 pm, AEST and Saturday/Sunday between 09:00 am and 04:00 pm). They independently take care of all the free flight related inquiries and bookings over the call. When you’ll call them, they’ll inform the redemption dates and you can redeem the flight over the same call.

ST27

Burger addict that can't say no to fries. Weighted in at 105kg once upon a time and love Japan a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment