Cisco Catalyst 3850 switch not booting with save config

I have had a switch that I have factory reset because I don’t know what was the password was. In order to factory reset the switch you need to login to rommon mode then set the SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG to 0.
Obviously I forgot to set that back when I booted back.
Steps to restore this:
++ Boot the switch into ROMMON mode.
++ Check if the SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG bit is set to 1 using the set command.
++ Issue the command unset SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG so as to include the STARTUP config
contents when it boots up.

ST27

Burger addict that can't say no to fries. Weighted in at 105kg once upon a time and love Japan a lot.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Dyson hand dryer price

    ReplyDelete