Car Wash Day!


I have not wash my car for a while now, when I took my car for my annual service I have no idea why I though the dealership would detail the car for me. They did wash my car but I think they made the car even worst! I will need to tell them to NOT wash my car next time. I considered myself to be quite meticulous when I wash my car but sometimes I spend too much time washing my car I don't get enough time to clean the engine bay.

After taking delivery of the GLA I paid for the G-techniq crystal serum to be applied and it has made washing my car quite effortlessly. The key to any of these paint protection coatings is to make sure that the water beads which makes drying the car a lot easier.



But was it worth $700? Probably not. If you are someone who has polish/wax any vehicle before and reck'on that you did a good job can buy a few bottles of these coatings and applied it yourself. I have seen a lot of Youtube video about coating application and it is exactly the same process.

I get majority of my car wash supplies from CCP

2 Bucket Method with Grit Guard


Since owning the vehicle I have used 3 types of car wash concentrate




My weapon of choice is the Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate. It has the most foam out of the 3 and it smells the best (weird right, we are not talking about body shampoo!)

After the main wash and wipe down ideally it would be best to wax your car every single time but who has time to wax their car every wash? Thank god to Duragloss Aquawax! The best invention ever!

I love this bottle the most. Spray it on the body and wipe it down using a micro fibre cloth. Let it cure for a few hours and you can see your car shine!

Last Christmas I bought the AutoGlym Wheel Cleaner pack from SuperCheapAuto eBay store at a good price. I wanted the wheel brush more than wheel cleaner itself and there was 15% off offer so I decided to make the purchase. You will be surprised how dirty brake dust looks on a shiny black gloss rim after a week of daily commute.



In my next order from CCP I would be getting this set to help with spending less time cleaning the wheels each wash.

Once the exterior is all done the job is not done yet! Cleaning the interior of the car is probably more work than washing the exterior. I have 2 Dyson at home, DC47 barrel and recently invested in a cordless V6 Absolute.

This is the 2nd car wash that I have used the handstick and I must say it is very convenient however power wise I felt that it was a little lacking and battery longevity is shit house. 20 minutes in normal use; there is a MAX button at the end which you can enable for more power however in MAX mode the battery drains even quicker.

I used Oakwood Everyday Leather Wipes to wipe down my leather seats and all other leather panels within the car. This is by far the best wipe product I have used.

Strongly recommended product, I see this product available in a lot of places even Woolworths!

All that I know and inspiration I get from Larry Kosilla

What is all for now! I spent my morning washing my car, the afternoon cleaning the apartment (and we have another guest check in the same day!), a good burger meal tonight with a mate. It's time to call it a day!

ST27

Burger addict that can't say no to fries. Weighted in at 105kg once upon a time and love Japan a lot.

2 comments:

  1. What a shame the dealership did not know how to wash a car properly. Still, it certainly looks like you know how to get the job done. I always have problems getting mine dry so thanks for sharing the tips about the wax and best brands. I'll have to invest in something a bit better than a bucket and sponge!

    Arlen Greenfield @ Clean Get Away

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Dyson Airblade V Filters

    ReplyDelete