DYSON DC47 BARREL (MIDSIZE)

I wanted to start this blog with "We always wanted to own a Dyson..." that just sounds wrong! I am not a materialistic guy, I value products and services that are value for money. Anyways I have always heard good things about Dyson vacuum cleaners and how Sir James Dyson re-invented the product to make it more efficient and easy to use.

Before moving in to our new house, I was fortunate enough to test-drive the DC19 when I was renting. My only comment when I use the DC19 was that the barrel was easy to manoeuvre around corners. The reason that led me to buy a Dyson was because #1 it looks good, #2 easy to use, #3 bagless and #4 there is a local service centre.

I bought the DC47 mid-size barrel from Myer (of course) during a sale. If I remembered correctly it had a RRP of $799 but who the f buys anything at RRP especially electronics or appliances. Together with the barrel I bought the hard floor tool thinking that it would be able to clean my floors better.

I realise that I was so wrong after using this tool for over 2 years. Overtime dust/dirt/hair particles gets stuck in-between the bristle brush it didn't feel like the tool was working efficiently anymore. I change back to the original turbine head and it is the best thing ever!
The greatest thing about this turbine head is when you switch on the vacuum cleaner the turbine starts rotating without pressing it on the floor. The turning of the turbine creates a crawling action that agitates dust/dirt/hair particles on your hard floor/carpet to be removed and sucked into the barrel. I have been using this for cleaning up my Airbnb apartment which has both carpet floors throughout and a small area of tiles around the kitchen and it has been a treat!

I had an issue with the DC47 where it didn't powered on. Called up Dyson Support and was advised to drop the barrel to their service centre in Osborne Park. They fix it up after a week or so, when I picked up the barrel it looks like a brand new; maybe they have a special Dyson to clean the Dysons!

I would strongly recommend anyone to get a Dyson for their household. I can also understand that it can be a bit pricey. $800 RRP for this vacuum is probably not that bang for buck. Always wait for a sale! I have seen good deals from Myer and Good Guys for Dyson products. Another advise is to try the entire product as is before committing to additional accessories (they aren't cheap! don't be a smart ass like me)

ST27

Burger addict that can't say no to fries. Weighted in at 105kg once upon a time and love Japan a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Vic, there are actually two filters (1 in the barrel and 1 within the wheel structure) which can be easily removed and rinse out using water. The barrel uses a bagless system which you can just empty out in your trash can.

      Delete
  2. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Dyson Airblade Wholesale

    ReplyDelete